All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:44 am

Post subject: Of S'mores and Introductions
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:36 am 

A sign could be seen posted about town.
Ceredin Maplesong, newly appointed Battlemaster, will be sitting down by a campfire outside the soon to be constructed library with an open invitation to all members of the town to come and introduce and share a little about themselves. Willing to hear any tale or any information anyone wishes to give, part of the goal of this meeting is to get to know people and what they are capable of contributing to the defense of the town. This includes martial capability in combat but also what support can be lent via trades, knowledge, or medical support.

-----------------------------------------------------
Ceredin sat down and stoked the fire. The night was particularly chill for August, he attributed it to the cold mountain air. "A good night for S'mores" Ceredin said out loud to himself "Maybe the smell will attract some people." Ceredin pulled the Bobbin Sugar Puffballs from his bag along with the Graham Crackers (named after Graham Honeywells) and of course the Chocolate. Whoever the sign didn't bring in would surely be attracted by the smell. At least he hoped.

((OOC requests for this post: 1) Please give a description of your character for anyone who doesn't know you well enough to match the face to the name 2) No offensive physical interactions/fighting. If this becomes necessary create a prologue to a fight leading up to the next event and exit the RP scenario .This includes thievery, and destruction of property. 3) No inference in emoting that a person couldn't detect without mind reading. IE "He had deep thoughts about wanting to murder so and so. 4) Please keep the usage of skills to a minimum whenever possible. Thank you !))

Post subject: Re: Of S'mores and Introductions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:38 pm 

A slim woman approached the fire. The light glittered off of the black and gold plate armor she wore. A sword was sheathed dangerously at her hip and she wore a shield slung across her body. She came into the light and was easier to see.

Her thick, brown hair was bound up with various golden chains and cords. Her twisted crown of horns were decorated with twisted golden metal. She flexed her diminutive blue and white wings as she waved a gauntlet-wearing hand.

"Hello," she said in her gruff, heavily accented voice. Her fangs flashed as she spoke. She was Thalia the wyrmkin ritualist.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:31 am 

Mable, a bobbin woman carrying a wide oak shield on one arm, strode out of the darkness and headed straight for the food.

"Evening, Ceredin! Evening, Thalia! Great idea, having S'mores. I haven't had Sugar Puffballs in years."

She propped her shield against a rock, speared a Puffball and turned to toast it over the flames.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:15 pm 

"Evening," she said in simple greeting. She began to disarm herself in order to sit comfortably. She kept her equipment nearby out of typical habit.

Thalia raised an eyebrow at the object the familiar mayor called a puffball. She gave the air an experimental sniff as it began to roast. The ridge of scales down her nose bridge flexed with the action and gave her a particularly fierce appearance. It did not smell of any substance she knew.

"Vhat are they?" she asked, gesturing to the thing on the stick Mable was now cooking.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:45 pm 

"Mostly sugar, I think," Mable said. "You toast one and it gets all gooey on the inside, so you put it on chocolate and crackers. Very tasty. Try one!" She waved a hand toward the supplies. "Before the other bobbins get here, I'd suggest. They're sure to go fast."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:51 pm 

Ceredin looked to the two newcomers, one very familiar to him as she was family.

"They are indeed mostly sugar, and well...the insides of animal bones boiled down and then dehydrated into a powder. Don't let that throw you off, it's in a lot more thing you eat then you probably realize.

So Thalia, what brings you here if you don't mind my asking? And feel completely free to mind it. And are you a warrior of any kind be it magic or might? If so how do you devote your energies? If not, are you a tradesman of some kind?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:32 pm 

"No cheese?" Thalia asked, sounding pleased. She reached for the crackers and snapped one of the long pieces in half for a more reasonable bite. She placed a piece of chocolate on top of the cracker and tried to follow Mable's instructions for roasting the sugary treat.

She quickly failed, caught the sugar ball ablaze, and withdrew it from the coals. The wyrmkin pouted and her fangs temporarily protruded before she blew the fire out. The outside of her Sugar Puffball was now a blackened crisp. She experimentally popped it in her mouth anyway. No sense in wasting food. Her eyes widened. It was still delicious.

She gave a sticky grin as she announced, "Dees are very tasty!"

She turned her attention to Ceradin upon his question. She lifted a black stone from her neck and waved it a little at him. It was wrapped in silver wire which gave it the appearance of being decorated in lightning.

"Ritualist. I helped with dee curse ve encountered months back. Seems I've not lived up to my use since then."

She chuckled. "Though most vill assume I am just a fighter given my outfitting. Suits me just as vell."

The air wyrmkin's joints popped as she stretched and flexed her small wings that stuck out of her armor. She crouched by the fire and was already attempting to slow roast a Sugar Puffball to make a proper s'more.

"As for vhy I am here...If you mean in dee town here it is because of my beloved. I must prove myself vorthy of marrying her so I must find a new beast here in this vild land to slay. Vishlings are hard to impress you know?"

Again she gave a small smile as she watched the flames with a look of projected adoration and longing. "She has sent vord she vill come to the new land soon... Ah but I talk too much. Tell me about yourself instead."